Monday, January 5, 2015

Masters of Photography Project Reflection

1. My project represents my work as a student by reflecting my inspiration from the multiple photographers we have studied so far. My photography is not perfect, and it shows that I am a student who still has much to learn.
2. Throughout the school year, I've learned the importance of photography and what it means to take a good picture. I learned that photography is an universal language that can be used to communicate throughout the world, and that it can greatly influence people and their decisions. I also learned that it can take thousands of tries to take the perfect picture and that a photographer must have patience. I understand that pictures can speak to different people in different ways and that people tend to differentiate in what they believe is the best picture.
3. Working in a group can be beneficial for multiple reasons. Group members can provide concrete feedback and are a constant group of people you know you can turn to when you need help understanding something. Being in a group can also help inspire you.
4. However, working in a group can also be disadvantageous for some of the following reasons:
- some people work and learn at different speeds
-some people may not put in enough effort causing others to make up for their lack of work
-some people may not participate causing frustration among their group members
5. If I could go back and change anything from my project, I would use Photoshop to actually distort images instead of just taking pictures that resembled distortion, as this was what Kertesz was really known for.
6. Photography has taught me a lot about human nature and history, and I'm excited to see what else I'll learn this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment