Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Inspired by Master- Andre Kertesz

1. Distortion Portrait
Inspiration For Picture

I edited this picture in Camera Raw by converting it to gray-scale and increasing blacks and shadows. I also cropped it to keep the focus of the picture on the subject's face.

2. Homing Ship



Inspiration For Picture

I edited this picture on my iPhone 6 by converting it to black and white using the tonal filter. I then increased the whites and decreased the shadows in Camera Raw.

3. My Mother's Hands








I editing this picture by converting it to gray-scale in Camera Raw, and then increasing the blacks and the saturation. I also increased clarity and sharpness.

4. Stairs of Montmartre





I edited this picture in Camera Raw by cropping it using the thirds rule, and by converting it to gray-scale.

5. La Fourchette




I edited this picture using Camera Raw by converting it to gray-scale, decreasing blacks, increasing whites, and increasing shadows.

ABOUT THE PHOTOGRAPHER

Andre Kertesz was born in 1894 in Hungary, and died in 1985 in New York City. During his lifetime, Kertesz was an important influence on the coming age of photojournalism. He was well known for his distortion pictures, and his ability to photograph simple objects, focusing on shadows, lighting, rain, and other natural elements. Kertesz took pictures all around the world including his birthplace in Hungary, Paris,the countries he traveled to during World War I, New York, and Tokyo. His photography from World War I was exceptionally unique because he focused on the lives of soldiers away from the fighting and the battlefield. Kertesz's simple yet powerful photographs has had a huge impact on contemporary photography.

I chose Andre Kertesz because of his unique photography that highlighted the beauty of simple objects. His whimsical distortion pictures mixed with his powerful natural pictures inspired me to take unique pictures of my own.


1 comment: